Sunday 27 April 2014

Fabrics Baskets for Spring

I got round to sewing that check green cotton I was not so keen on, and it turned out nice!

Green check fabric basket with outside pockets and handles front
 I divided the front to one big and two small pockets
Green check fabric basket with outside pockets and handles back
 and the back to 4 pockets
Green check fabric basket cosmetics top view
 Fits lots of toiletries inside
Green check fabric basket with toiletries
and little things all round

I also found a remnant from a long time ago and made a smaller basket

beige fabric basket side view

beige fabric basket slip pockets interior
 It has handy pockets for phone, i -pod, cards and space in the middle for chargers and things.
 beige fabric basket held by hand
Would work well as a "come home and empty your pockets bin", all in one place, tidy and scratch free.

Last but not least, I bought a length of what I thought was dark red felt, but looks a bit like wine.

I attempted a fox pillow with it.

fox mini felt pillow
 I made the mistake of using cotton for the white parts, which has no stretch
fox mini felt pillow side view
 The eyes and nose are also made of felt, stitched with applique
fox mini felt pillow front view
 I am quite proud of piecing the curves (first time ever I pieced curves) and getting the ears even (many times sewn uneven ears).
fox mini felt pillow back view
Would like to make more of these in future

What did you sew this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...