Wednesday 2 October 2013

Welcome

Hi everyone!

This is my first ever blog about my new found hobby and passion: sewing!





I bought a sewing machine a few years ago so I could shorten trouser legs and make basic alterations to clothing- a bit of nip and tuck here and there.

Gaining confidence, I decided I was skilled enough to get a seam straight on curtains, so I went ahead and bought a pair that were too long for my window but at a bargain price.

The problem was the curtains were lined, and I had no idea how to shorten them. So I googled it. Found a great video and followed the instruction making a good job of it.

And then I noticed more videos, tutorials, I discovered Etsysewmamasewquilts by jane and many more amazing places where creativity, craftsmanship, talent and passion make beautiful objects.

I have started buying fabrics and making things for friends and family as gifts. And I love it!

When I sew my bags, quilts, purses and home things time just flies! The reward of knowing you have made something or have bought something made with love is immense.

So dear friends, next time you are in a shop looking at a mass produced item of uninspiring design and doubtful longevity, think again before you buy. Maybe it is worth taking a look at lovingly crafted individual items and buying something you will love and cherish for years to come.

Until next time

Eva Rose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...