Monday 7 October 2013

Christmas Quilted Table Runner Troubles

Hi,

I have been working on my Christmas quilted table runner all weekend. The project went great until it was binding time!

I seem to have a mental block when it comes to that and always get the end stitching wobbly and uneven.

First I attached the binding to the front, folded over the back and stitched in the ditch. The back was a mess! I had missed it in a few places altogether and some of it has a 1/2 inch seam allowance.

Next I tried the technique in  sew mama sew, where you zig zag a secret stitch that only shows on the back.  http://www.sewmamasew.com/2013/01/machine-quilt-binding-tutorial/
Mine showed on both sides.

Finally, another American tutorial came to the rescue. I will be sewing the strip to the back and then sew the front nice and neat. I may even add ric rac as it looked awesome in the video

In the meantime, I am busy ripping the stitches.

If anyone has advise on neat binding please share your wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...