Friday 29 November 2013

What I have been sewing...in pink

I have been sewing for Christmas lately but been too busy to show anything.

I finally managed to photo some things and upload them tonight.  Here it goes:

Mug Rug Handmadebyevarose

Zipper Pouch handmadebyevarose

Coaster handmadebyevarose

I went to my local fabric shop recently (Birtley Quilting) and picked a lovely mini pack talented Hilary (the shop owner) had put together of these wonderful Riley Blake fabrics.

The cute birds, bright flowers and retro feel meant I had to have them!

I also dug into my stash and made a cute little purse with my favourite plum floral from Makeower Fabrics.
Tea Cup applique zipper pouch handmadebyevarose

I could not resist adding this lovely "Made with Love" woven ribbon on the back.

I did a bit of a trick with the zipper to get the ends to be down. I know this is normally failure, but here I wanted to create a shape like a Victorian dress- (Yes, England has gone Downtown Abbey mad!)

Maybe I will make a more curvy shape all round next time.

So, I have been sewing with the common theme of tea and pink.

What have you been making? I 'd love to see your recent  makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...