Monday 28 October 2013

Fox Coin Purse Tutorial with Felt and Wool

Fox Coin Purse Tutorial

My last attempt to make these has been a learning curve.

New and improved tutorial is here!

Fox Purse Wool and Felt
This tutorial assumes you know how to make a zipper purse- it is all about the fox!

Start by drawing your fox on paper and placing design on you outer piece to ensure a good fit.




Cut the felt pieces based on the drawing as required. For tiny curves sharp manicure scissors work best.

Once you are happy with the placement of the paper design, start adding the felt layers in reverse order to how it appears and stitch.

Here, I am adding the tail first.

Followed by the body

Keep checking placement each time you add a piece of felt by placing paper design on top and adjusting.

I am now adding the head and that is the end of my brown thread sewing. Switch to white thread.


Add all the white pieces now and stitch, You can use spay adhesive if you like. I found felt has grip and there was no need for me.


Stitch slowly, if necessary adjusting the length/width of the stitch to a smaller one near corners like the ears and the tail end, so you do not get a boxy end.



My fox is looking cute already!

This is another sleeping fox. Switch to black thread now and sew nose and eyes. This stage can be done my machine of by hand. I did a bit of both.


One you finish your panel, make your zipper purse as usual.

Here are some I made.



Fox Purses handmadebyevarose

Apologies about the photos. I have a new camera and still working out the settings. I was so excited to add these cuties I did not read the instructions!

You can buy these cuties and more foxes in my Etsy shop Fox Purses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...