Saturday 13 December 2014

Turtle and Pony Caddies

My blog has been gathering dust in the last few weeks; it seems this house move has taken for ever to complete and things get back to normal.

I have been busy with preparations for Christmas and here are a couple of new creations I managed to complete.

spring greens turtley applique fabric basket

This cutie is for a Young lady who likes blues and greens. I added a tangerine heart and a ribbon at the base of the turtle for a bit of colour and a little bow with an orange button for a girly touch.

turtle diapper caddy applique close up
To help the turtle stand out I used a cabbage green thread for satin stitch and embroidered the eyes, mouth and nose by hand. She is very happy in the apple orchard.
 
 
spring green turtle diaper caddy side view
I love the colours of the background fabric!

 
sweet pony horse pink diaper caddy
Another sweet young lady will be receiving this cute pony basket- snow white pony with pink hair.


sweet pony diaper caddy applique close up

To create texture for the hair I added a few lines of stitching following the curves of the mane. I used a slightly different thread colour to help it "pop". She is wearing a heart pendant too. I added a white dot in the middle of the eye to give it a 3D look, I am quite pleased with it.
 
Off to make some handbags for girls now.
 
Happy Saturday from sunny Bristol.
 
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...