Sunday 16 March 2014

Sunday Stash New Spring Fabric

After careful consideration for my mental health and the sanity of those around me, I bought a new ironing board this week. The old one was fine, as long as it was open. The handle for closing it was connected to a metal rod which somehow bent in a weird fashion and would no longer work.

Convinced I could fix it, I hammered away and sprayed liberally with wd40, which worked for...2 days.

I then kicked it, pushed it and swore at it, which seemed to irritate my boyfriend but somehow the anger gave me super strength and I managed to close it eventually.

When visiting a bargain shop and spotting a small ironing board for only £14.99 I just bought it, and we are all very happy (including the cat) now as this one will open and close with no fuss.

Now, the fabric!

I bought some new fabric this week,

 This beautiful spring floral would make a lovely shirt...but I will most likely use it to line a zipper pouch
 Lovely spring green polka dot, a cute floral and antique pink polka dot- looks a bit more bright pink and I like the retro look. The spots are tiny, 1mm, they look like pin heads.
These roses are as far country/cottage chic as I would go, but they do look nice...
and I want to make something special with it.

I feel I need to challenge myself and start making different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...