Friday 18 October 2013

Felt Applique Ideas

Sewing with Felt Applique will be another milestone in my sewing skills repertoire additions. In fact, it is so big for me that I can't wait to start.

It is very early on Saturday morning and I can't sleep because I am too excited. Today I will be sewing my all new improved foxy purses.

The ones posted earlier this week in post How to make foxy wool and felt coin purse were prototypes and I have learned from my mistakes. New 100% wool felt from The Wool Felt Company has arrived and I am set to go!

I have also designed a new sleeping fox pattern that I want to try out.

Instead of using the heat bond applique paper, I will use freezer paper which comes off felt easily. For a great tutorial check out Simple Machine Applique by Sew Mama Sew and this one from Live Creatively Now which shows some clever tips.

I will not be using any backing fabric as I am sewing on thick wool and think it should be ok. Hopefully I can show you some good results later.

Here are some beautiful works from others for inspiration

Felt snowman cushion

Modern felt swirls pillow
Forest Felt mini landscape


Felt Penguin baby


Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...