Thursday 7 November 2013

3 Easy Handmade Unique Christmas Gifts- DIY

Handmade Christmas Gifts

The clock is ticking for making things for Christmas now. This year I decided I am making all my gifts with my sewing machine.

I have been looking at a wonderful website Craft Passion with hundreds of free patterns and tutorials.

Here are 3 Easy Christmas Gifts you can Make.

1) Handmade Oven Mitts Gift for Him and Her

Handmade Gifts - Christmas Oven Mitts


Make these beautiful handy kitchen oven gloves, a unique Christmas gift for him and her. I love the traditional red and green colour. You can make them using quilting piecing and block techniques and creating your unique designs or choose a fabric that has a busy pattern in small scale.

2) Christmas Placemats and Coasters Set

Christmas Placemats and Coasters- Craft Passion

Sew these bright Christmas Placemats and Coasters to add Christmas cheer to your table settings. I think these would make a great Christmas gift for Mum. The modern Holiday fabric used here is based around the combinations of fiery red, aqua and white. The dark green panel links it back to the traditional Christmas colour pallet. There really is no right way with these, anything goes. I love the ribbon detail that holds the cutlery in place on the placemat, it makes it unique and it is so clever, yet simple.


3) Quilted Christmas Snowman Cushion Cover


Snowman Cushion Cover-Craft Passion

Sew this handmade Snowman Quilted Pillow Cover to add a touch of Christmas spirit to your living room or if you bare to part with it, give to a friend. This pillow is in my Top 10 Christmas Gifts to Make this year. As soon as I saw it, I fell in love with the fairy-tale quality of the colours and the design. I can just imagine settling down on the sofa on Christmas Eve with the lights dimmed, a Holiday fragrance candle burning, the Christmas tree sparkling with lights and decorations...Christmas Magic.

For more ideas on easy handmade gifts you can sew for Christmas check out my Christmas Board on Pintrest.


Happy Sewing everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...